Monday, December 16, 2013
Some Vocabulary for Home School or foreign students
1. Valid: Having legal force.
2. Commiserate: To have pity, to feel sorrow, etc.
3. Constant: continuously happening.
4. Guardian: Someone that protects, watches over, etc.
5. Persistent: refusing to give up.
6. Vigilance: Alert watchfulness.
7. Exposed: To subject or to be subjected.
8. Influence: Impact, brainwash.
9. Repugnant: contradictory, arousing disgust.
10. Wholesome: Good health, spirit.
11. Considerable: Significant.
12. Assure: To inform, to be sure of something.
13. Fallacy: False notion, constant in attention.
14. Ideal: Considered the best of its kind.
15. Virtue: Moral excellence.
16. Concert: Agreement in purpose.
17. Queried: A question, an inquiry.
18. Inclined: To be disposed to an opinion.
19. Convergence: To Come together.
20. Harmony: An agreement.
21. Accord: To agree, to bring into harmony.
22. Precisely: In a precise manner.
23. Congruous: Appropriate or harmonious.
24. Esteem: To regard with, to respect.
25. Resource: Something that can be used for support or help.
26. Consensus: An opinion or position reached by a group.
27. Awkward: Not graceful, clumsy.
28. Infeasible : Impracticable.
29. Proceed : To continue with something.
30. Intuitive : Perceiving by assessment of subconscious cognition or beliefs.
31. Judgment : To judge, to prove guilty or not
32. Rejects : To refuse to accept
33. Notion : A belief or opinion.
34. Circumvented : To surround, to enclose, to entrap.
35. Onus : A difficult or disagreeable responsibility or necessity.
36. Resolution : A course of action determined or decided on.
37. Imposes : To establish or apply.
38. Deprives : To take something away from.
39. Tend : To take care of, to apply to someone’s attention.
40. Initiate : A step to take action.
41. Adverse : Moving in an opposite direction, disagreement.
42. Denies : To declare untrue.
43. Intuition : The act of knowing or sensing without the use of rational process.
44. Tactful : Possessing or exhibiting.
45. Diplomatic : Involving diplomacy or diplomats.
46. Non-confrontational :
47. Establish : To set up, to found.
48. Subcommittee : A subordinate committee composed of members appointed from a main committee.
49. Governance : Exercise authority and control.
50. Corpus : A large collection of writings of a specific kind or subject
51. Informal : Not formal, casual, for every day wear or use.
52. Seldom : Not very often.
53. Presentation : To present.
54. Paramount : Of chief concern, high rank in power.
55. Ample : Of large size, amount, or capacity.
56. Consideration : Careful thought.
57. Virtue: Moral excellence.
58. Accuracy: Precision; exactness.
59. Definition: The meaning of something.
60. Dominate: To control.
61. Perceive: To become aware through any of the senses.
62. Achievable: Can be accomplished.
63. Criticism: A critical comment or judgment.